Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Redheads melt Not tan

I am a redhead with freckles. I am a redhead with freckles born to be pasty and indoors from 9am-2pm (high sunburn time). I am a redhead with freckles who truly did see my pasty skin as something beautiful like a cold glass of whole fat milk sitting adorned next to a warm brownie or freshly baked oatmeal raisin-less cookies.  I am a redhead with freckles and newly smeared sunburn red.

I recently moved to the desert, Joshua Tree to be specific,  to become a 'military wife' and am now a ruby red, mucho freckled, sweat sticky redhead.  I say become because I most definitely was not born to be a 'military wife' the same way I was born with a predisposed sensitivity to sunlight. No, I find it to be a role one has to bend, stretch, and grow into. A role that requires a different frame of mind, heart, and patience.

As I sit in my new undecorated living room feeling the sunburn that is blooming on my shoulders and nose I have come to the realization that I have to do something with my time and life out here home-steading. Something other than take our new puppy out into the rattlesnake infested landscape called Joshua Tree and work from home as an consultant.

I have it! I'll write a blog! It's brilliant and so original!

Please forgive the formulaic way this blog came into being. It had no say in the matter and is not to blame for the unoriginality or lack of creativity in its creation.

So what will the blog be about? Surviving….Ah, Yes! Survival…to continue to live & exist…to grow and enjoy….to take pictures and cook….to love….to survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment